AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
We are now the recognized distributors for products from NIVH ( National Institute for the
Visually Handicapped) Dehradun, WORTH TRUST Chennai, TITAN Industries for Braille
watches, RNIB ( Royal National Institute of the Blind) London, ULTMOST for talking items
China, VINVISION China and NUANCE— for Talks software for mobile phones and NVDA
- Honoured with National Award in 2015 by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India for the "Best Institution working for the care of persons with Disabilities"
- Authorized distributor for products from NIEPVD, Dehradun; Worth Trust, Chennai; TITAN Braille watches, RNIB ( Royal National Institute of the Blind) London, ULTMOST for talking devices, VINVISION China and NUANCE— for Talks software for mobile phones and NVDA.
- One of the leading organizations involved in creation of accessible books in various formats like DAISY, epub etc. Our accessible books are reaching out to more than 25000 persons with visual impairment through Sugamya Pustakalaya.
- More than 100 assistive technology products have been made available at significantly lower price as compared to what is available in the International market.
- Recently launched an advanced version of NVDA (INDO-NVDA) which has Nuance vocalizer and Eloquence in 10 Languages & 14 Voices. It supports 80 voices covering 80 languages.
- Developed a network of more than 50 partner organizations across the country with a vision of making assistive technology available along with proper training in every city of the country.
- Involved in development and dissemination of indigenous assistive technology solutions in collaboration with research institutions (IIT Delhi) and industry partners (PMS and Kritikal Solutions). SmartCane device which is an affordable electronic travel aid is an outcome of this initiative. Electronic Braille Display is the second product under development and expected to be launched in an year's time.
Our Founder trustee Mr. Dipendra Manocha has been honoured at various platforms for his outstanding work for persons with Blindness
- Selected as Ashoka Fellow and recognised as a social entrepreneur.
- NCPEDP Universal Design Award for his contribution towards making information accessible for the print impaired. – 2012
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation award in 2012.
- CNN IBN Network 18 super idol award in 2010.
- IIM Lucknow Lakshmipat Singhania National Leadership award 2008 given by the President of India.
- Twice recipient of the President’s Award by Former President Mrs Pratibha Patel and Dr Abdul Kalam.
- National Award by government of India for contributions for community development in the area of disability in 2005.